I believe essay writing is an art. You don’t get marks for just jumbling jargon and submitting before the deadline. I will share with you a few helpful tips that I use when writing for Favorite Tutors.
- Understand the concept behind your instructions. You may need to dissect long instructions.
- Find the right scholarly sources that you’ll use to find solutions. If possible read them through and note down the most important ideas.
- Divide your work into paragraphs. Introduction and conclusion take up 20% of your work. Divide the rest of the word count into sizeable paragraphs.
- Get into actual writing. Don’t forget to start with topic sentences. A topic sentence highlights the main idea to be discussed in the paragraph.
- Ensure your introduction ends in a thesis statement.
- Make sure all instructions are well covered within the body of your essay.
- Don’t forget to list down your sources in the bibliography section. Make sure they’re all cited within the text as well.
- Most importantly, proof-read your work. It’s wise to leave it for a while, take up a chore then get back to proof-read.
- If your friend is willing, you may seek an opinion on how it sounds and probably how you should improve.
Your paper is now ready for submission. Happy writing!